Tuesday, October 07, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Plays with a Couple of Oldies but Goodies Stamp Sets



Hi, everyone. Cornelia is back playing with some of the older STAMPlorations sets today! I used one of my favorite techniques, sponging, and one of my favorite gadgets to make those cards, the Stamp-a-majig.





So let's get started. I masked white card stock with post-it notes. I like to do this in a grid pad to get my lines straight. I used a Kaleidocolor inkpad for this card. You can use any kind of ink for sponging - I have used them all with similar results. I basically just pick the colors I like...



As you can see, I went with yellow and green.


I stamped the little number stamp on the clear plastic sheet that comes with the Stamp-a-majig using Versafine ink (my favorite).


This way your stamping stays very exact:


Next I stamped the daisy and heat embossed it with superfine WOW embossing powder. I like the detail of that powder.


I then colored the daisy also in yellow and green but I used my Brushos for that, sprinkling a few crystals on a clear acrylic block and using a water brush.


I added the sentiment and a few stitched lines and cut out the daisy. I mounted the daisy with foam tape and added some Stickles to the center.


Here is a similar card I made, except that I stamped the heart strip on colored card stock and added some Washi tape:



Pull out your oldies and have fun! Thanks for visiting me today!


Stamps Cornelia used in today's project:

    stmp1061.jpeg  


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick a winner and announce it on November 2! You can read more about it here.

14 comments:

  1. I love the big flower with the yellow green combo. Then you come up with the pink red combo! It looks great there too!! Obviously this flower is a must have that I don't have!!!! Another something for my overloaded wish list! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sponging and blending. The first card really pops with all of it's bright colors, but there's something classically beautiful about the pink daisy. Really pretty, Cornelia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips on how you made these cards. I always find it difficult to stamp in a straight line with text etc. Fab colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Both are beautiful - I so appreciate you showing how you did this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such happy cards, Cornelia! I love the bright yellow and green card. And, the pink daisy looks so pretty with the yellow center. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Both cards are knock-outs! Gorgeous colour and sparkle on the first; and elegant beauty on the second! I need to bring out my stamp-a-ma-jig (although even with it in place, things wind up crooked! I think the 'operator" has issues *grin*) Thanks for brightening my day with these lovelies!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning cards Cornelia! the sparkle in the center of the flower is so eye catching, thanks for sharing the creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and pretty cards. Love the color combo, really striking!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great cards. Especially like the pink version with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both card you made Cornelia
    the one with yellow and green the color are stunning and the way you used stamp a magjig...I think I must buy that tools...great idea...
    The second card I thought it was a DP but you made cleverly the heart with that tiny stamp...clever card Cornelia..love love love them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these bright, brilliant colors! Love the two different ways you've used the stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)