Tuesday, October 21, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Creates A Quick One Layer Christmas Card


Hi! It's Cornelia and I'm playing with stamps in the Joyful set in this spotlight post. I made this simple and quick one layer card that would be easy to mass-produce. It's great if you have a lot of Christmas cards to make. And you know Christmas is not too far off. Let's get started!





I stamped the wreath and sponged it, deliberately going outside the stamp.


I added the sentiment and colored the berries with red marker.


I then masked the sides and sponged again with a slightly lighter green ink. I decided that the berries were not red enough so I added red and gold Stickles to them. 

I added a small bow to finish it off. 


Here's a straight on view, but you can't see the Stickles that well.


Happy Stamping!


Stamps Cornelia used in today's project:

 

Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick a winner and announce it on November 2! You can read more about it here.

14 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Love love love this, Cornelia! I love how you let the green fade out towards the bottom. What a cool little effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really quick and very nice card, will try for sure with some of my wreath stamps, thank you, Cornelia, for tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super card. One layer is just what I need to make more of too otherwise I will need a moretage when I go to post my Christmas cards. Love the sparkley details :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW - this is really a gorgeous one layer Christmas card!! Very Well Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful one layer card! It's so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing creation, love this one layer card with a simple technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sponging, it fades out so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..I loved the sponging makes it look wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design, Cornelia! I love that pretty wreath stamp and your masking and sponging is just beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hammer !!! Der Hintergrundeffekt ist phänomenal !!!
    ein wieder besonderes Werk von dir - danke
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  11. the wreath looks awesome Cornelia..
    Du hast immer eine super Karte gemacht mit Stamplorations stempel...
    Liebe grĂĽĂźe
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)