Friday, October 17, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Goes Vintage with the Joyful Stamp Set!


Hello, friends! Welcome to my fourth spotlight feature. Today, I am sharing the process of making a card that's totally different to my style. But I believe we should try everything and not stick to one style. For one, we learn, and two, it is fun! I have used the October stamp club set, Joyful.

So, here's a look into the finished project. Here I have tried to give a vintage look to my card and also incorporated the chalkboard technique :)


Here's a step-by-step photo tutorial to showcase the process of making this card.


STEP 1
Stamp and heat emboss the half of the wreath on a small rectangular piece of black cardstock.


STEP 2
Use the embossed wreath as a guide to mark on the card base and stamp the rest of the wreath in green ink.


STEP 3
Next, use a ruler and a pencil to make the sunburst. You can also use a stencil to do this. I did not have one, so I created my own. Mask off along the lines to ink the rays.



STEP 4
Here I dressed up the card base further to give it a more rustic feel. I swiped and dabbed the ink pad along the edges, randomly stamped the sentiments, and added crackle paste.



STEP 5
In the final step, I worked on the chalkboard where I stamped the sentiments in white pigment ink and added some random dabs of white ink. I also added a stitch line with a gel pen. 


Here's the finished card once again. I added the chalkboard panel with some foam dots to add dimension. The final card was photographed in the sunlight.



That finishes my fourth spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy crafting!


Stamps Deepti used in today's project:

 


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick a winner and announce it on November 2! You can read more about it here.

18 comments:

  1. Another really gorgeous Spotlight Feature, Deepti! I love the chalkboard panel with all the beautiful vintage elements on this card...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Thanks for the tips. I'm all for making 'do' to without a stencil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card- I especially like the effect of the crackle texture paste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Thanks for the sunburst tutorial. I'm going to have to use that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepti, this is SO gorgeous and just over the top with great techniques. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the pretty wreath and the textures on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should stray away from your style more often! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! Love this great technique and design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Deepti - and your tutorial is so user-friendly! WOW!! Thank you!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Wonderful blend of techniques Deepti !! Loved reading through the post with step by step photos.Thanks for this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Deepti, so many techniques !!! and they look such adorable together!!
    Thanks for showing them and the how to make
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card, Deepti. I love your creativity and the way you solve the issues that come across, like "schtuff" you don't have, and then your personal touch happens, and you get professional and stunning results! Love this! Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card. I find vintage quite difficult. I like how you combined so many techniques. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elegant and so beautifully done!! Easy to follow tutorial as well!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Deepti! Love your mix of elements and techiques!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a creative idea! Gives your card a very unique look!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)