Thursday, October 23, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Monika Combines Kiss Stamping and Gelli Plate Printing to Play with the Joyful Stamps


Hi, everyone. It's Monika back again with another spotlight project for you. Today I'm giving the Joyful set the Gelli Plate treatment combined with a spot of Kiss Stamping.



To start, I stamped the stocking on a piece of white cardstock using black Archival Ink, coloured it using Fairy Plum and Purple Sage Twinkling H2Os, and fussy cut it once dry.

Next, I applied Blackberry Bliss ink all over my Gelli Plate using a brayer before kissing the plate with a clean wreath stamp to lift off some of the ink and taking my first print. I sprayed my Gelli Plate with a bit of water and lifted second and third print. The wreath texture is still quite visible in the second print and has completely faded in the third one.

For my stocking card I worked with a first print, stamped my "under the mistletoe"sentiment in Elegant Eggplant and blended the edges using the same colour ink. I layered my panel on a piece of silvery glitter card, tied a bow from silver ribbon, layered on my plum coloured base card, attached my stocking with foam dots, and finished off by adding a couple of gems and some glitter glue.

Here is the craft along video showing you exactly how I lifted the prints plus a few extra tips as I go along.



And because it was such fun, I made a couple more cards using the second impression print. These are simply embellished using 'Merry Christmas' die cuts, gems and sequins. The Merry Christmas in the second card has been cut from the piece of scrap I used to stamp off the ink during the kiss stamping process.



TIP! If you want to try this technique and you don't have a Gelli Plate, you can get a similar effect using your craft mat or splodge away mat. The prints might not be as clear, but it is a good way to get you started.

Hope you enjoyed my little offering today. I'll be back soon with more. In the meantime enjoy the wonderful pieces of inspiration my teamies have prepared for you.

Have a lovely day and happy crafting!!! :-)



Stamps Monika used in today's project:


  

Joyful is the current set in the STAMPlorations bi-monthly stamp club! Join the club and get this set shipped to you for free wherever you are in the world! Read more about our stamp club here. We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set every 3rd shipment. We'll be adding a few more perks pretty soon, which means the club price will go up...but current club members are locked in at just $21 every two months!


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick a winner and announce it on November 2! You can read more about it here.

13 comments:

  1. Oh! I love how you've created the background using the sentiment builders. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours, pretty images, an amazing technique: yes, I love these!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cool cards - I am so intrigued by gelli printing and am so close to buying the supplies to try it.....Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty backgrounds you have created! Thanks for sharing the ideas! Don't have a gelli plate so I loved getting your other suggestions to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! I loved the backgrounds on both the cards !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fabulous background, another must try techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think now I have to try it by myself ....
    that is looking such amazing!
    TFS
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic colour background. This is a wow card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great background you made Monika..lovely in purple....I am fan of purple and I love your cards..hugs, Monika R

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)