Wednesday, October 22, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Uses Joyful Word Stamps for Holiday Card Backgrounds!




I love the grungy text stamps in the Joyful set and wanted to make a background with them. I had already diecut an oval from a piece of card, with the intention of using it for sketch #22, but I ended up making a different card, so it was waiting to be used on something else.




I secured the oval back into place with washi tape on the reverse, then placed the text stamps onto a long acrylic block, making sure the text block was wider than the card panel, and stamped the whole of the panel, offsetting each section slightly. I also stamped several stockings onto card and cut them out roughly, just to separate them.



You could easily stamp a plain piece of card then die-cut it afterwards, it's just that I already had the two pieces lying around.




You end up with two usable panels. I coloured in some of the stockings with Distress Inks (ended up going with green for both cards). And here's the card I made with the oval.




Stamps Shirley used in today's project:




Joyful is the current set in the STAMPlorations bi-monthly stamp club! Join the club and get this set shipped to you for free wherever you are in the world! Read more about our stamp club here. We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set every 3rd shipment. We'll be adding a few more perks pretty soon, which means the club price will go up...but current club members are locked in at just $21 every two months!


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick a winner and announce it on November 2! You can read more about it here.

16 comments:

  1. Seeing all of the lovely projects makes me really excited to get my hands on this set. Great card, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love the text background, one of my favourite techniques.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool looking idea!! Fun and gives the card a lot of interest!! Thanks for showing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two awesome cards! Love the way you used the oval cut out both ways.... fun background with the text stamps for that cute stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you stretched your stamps to create two cards, and both are really fabulous, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - The background text is what sets this card apart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of decorative text. These are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your selfmade BG !!!
    and to use both parts is such clever
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are really cute! I wouldn't have thought to use the grunge words as a background...great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One fabulous round of stamping to create two marvelous cards! Clean and simple...happy sigh!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, Shirley! I love this little stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. clever idea TWO cards from one piece of white paper...clever card Shirley and I love them

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)