Monday, July 04, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Butterfly Tag by Susanne



Hi, my dear mixed media friends. It's Susanne writing today and I'd like to share a butterfly tag. I LOVE creating tags because they are so versatile to use later. I prefer using them in my planner, on gifts or in my art journal.




Here are the step by step instructions:

1. I created a background using VersaMark ink through the Daisy Dance stencil and adding PanPastels. The color pigments with stick to the ink and you'll end up will this lovely pattern.



2. To seal the PanPastels I used my Gelli plate together with some gel medium. I added a thin layer of gel to the plate and pressed the tag down.



3. Then I added some patterned paper scraps with gel medium.


4. I stamped the butterfly from the Blossom Like a Butterfly set with waterproof black ink.


5. I added some shading with a watercolor crayon. I love to use Neocolor II crayons.


6. I used the Lattice Y stencil to add some texture with modeling paste.


7. Added some yellow with Distress Ink "Mustard Seed". I pressed the ink pad onto my craft mat and used water plus a brush to add it to my tag.


8. I used some tissue paper and stamp the Believe with waterproof black ink. I cut it out and added it with gel medium.


9. I used the chocolate Gelato to add some more shading and WOW! Metallic Gold Powder on the edges.

10. Finally I adhered a butterfly (it's colored with Distress Inks) on top.





Thank you for stopping by today,

Susanne


Stencils from ARTlorations:
Lattice Y
Daisy Dance

Stamps from STAMPplorations:
Blossom Like a Butterfly
Believe

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for the step by step. The most beautiful tag. Love the colours, the techniques and the way it has turned out...fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! Love the textures and the gold! Pretty stencil you used for the background and a beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning tag - thank you for your tutorial
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial Susanne, I need to use my Pan Pastels more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS - love all the beautiful details - that butterfly is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous Mixed media tag Susanne! I really enjoyed looking at and reading your tutorial. TFS..Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your lovely comments! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag ..... the colours look amazing and I love the texture xx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)